Our experienced conveyancing lawyers can help you buy your home so you can focus on moving in with confidence.
What conveyancing do I need to buy a home?
Conveyancing involves transferring legal ownership of land from the seller to you. You need to do a lot of paperwork and careful planning to make sure the property settles on time and conveyancers can help you do that. Some of the work that conveyancers do includes:
- Preparing and reviewing the contract of sale and other legal documents;
- Negotiating the purchase contract on your behalf;
- Dealing with the seller’s lawyers, bank and other professionals;
- Making sure all your paperwork is completed correctly;
- Researching the property and making sure all the land titles are correct;
- Calculating any rates, taxes and other adjustments that you may need to pay to the seller;
- Helping you settle on time; and
- Making sure you receive the keys to your new home.