Our experienced conveyancing lawyers can help you sell your home so you can focus on moving with confidence.
What conveyancing do I need when selling a home?
Conveyancing involves transferring legal ownership of land from you to the purchaser. It involves a lot of paperwork and careful planning to make sure your property settles on time. Some of the work that conveyancers do includes:
- Reviewing your sales authority with the selling agent and assisting with any negotiations with the agent;
- Preparing and reviewing the contract of sale and other legal documents;
- Preparing your section 32 statement;
- Negotiating the contract of sale on your behalf;
- Dealing with the purchaser’s lawyers, bank and other professionals;
- Making sure all your paperwork is completed correctly;
- Making sure your land title is correct;
- Calculating any rates, taxes and other adjustments that the purchaser may need to pay you;
- Helping you settle on time; and
- Making sure you receive your sale money