Our criminal lawyers will help you get a fair hearing and resolve your issue quickly so you can get on with your life.
Types of drug offences
In Victoria, there are several drug offences that you can be charged with including:
- Possession, which means you have a drug either on you or in your house, car or other property and knew it was there;
- Use, which includes smoking, inhaling, swallowing or injecting a drug;
- Cultivation, which means you grow narcotic plants including cannabis, opium or coca plants;
- Trafficking, which means you sell, manufacture, possess or offer for drugs for sale. If you’re found in possession of a large quantity of drugs, you can be charged with trafficking even if you haven’t tried to sell it to anyone. You can also be charged with trafficking if you buy drugs for a friend, prepare or manufacture a drug; and
- Importing or exporting drugs overseas.
These offences all relate to drugs of dependence which include:
- Cannabis or marijuana;
- Amphetamines or speed;
- Ecstasy or MDMA; and