Our criminal lawyers will help you get a fair hearing and resolve your issue quickly so you can get on with your life.
Murder and manslaughter
There are many different factors that can impact what type of business structure best suits your needs and objectives. Some things to consider include:If someone is killed, there are several offences that you can be charged with including:
- Murder, where you kill someone;
- Attempted murder, where you try to kill someone;
- Reckless murder, where you do something knowing that it could seriously injure someone;
- Voluntary manslaughter, where you intended to kill or hurt someone but you were provoked; and
- Involuntary manslaughter, where you didn’t intend to kill or hurt someone
To prove murder, the prosecution must show beyond a reasonable doubt that you:
- Committed the acts which caused someone’s death voluntarily;
- Intended to kill or seriously injure the person; and
- There are no defences available under the law.