Our criminal lawyers will help you get a fair hearing and resolve your issue quickly so you can get on with your life.
Types of sexual offences
Sexual offences are crimes where one person uses force or threatens another to engage in an unwanted sexual act. It includes:
- Rape, which is unwanted sexual penetration. This can include incest, which is with a close relative;
- Sexual assault, which is unwanted kissing or touching;
- nwanted sexual behaviour, like forcing someone to watch pornography; and
- Indecent assault.
Generally there are three elements that need to be proved in a sexual offence:
- One person intentionally engaged another in a sexual act;
- The other person didn’t consent to the sexual act; and
- The first person was aware, or should have been reasonably aware, that the other person didn’t consent to the sexual act.